Home Leben in Freiburg Zielgruppen Foreigners Office

zur deutschen Version

Department for Aliens and Nationality Law

Welcome to the pages of the Department for Aliens and Nationality Law in the Office for Migration and Integration of the city of Freiburg.

Our department consists of the Aliens Authority with the specialised Aliens Law service (service counter), the administration and the specialised Aliens Law team and also the specialised Naturalisation team.  

The Aliens Authority is responsible for all issues relating to entry (visa), right of residence and work permits.

The specialised Naturalisation team is responsible for all issues relating to naturalisation and nationality.

Our department is responsible for you, if you reside in the municipality of Freiburg.

If you reside in the district of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald, please contact the district office of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald.

If you reside overseas, please contact the relevant German embassy or the  German consulate in that country or the Federal Administration Office in Cologne.

You can find us here:

Berliner Allee 179114 Freiburg

You can reach our offices using the following public transport:  Tram no. 3 and bus no. 36,  "Bissierstraße" stopTram nos. 1 und 3,  "Runzmattenweg" stop Follow the signs when you get off.

The Department for Aliens and Nationality Law is so complex that only the basics can be shown here.
We can provide you with points of contact for initial immigration advice (MBE) and offer you further advice.


Ausländer- und Staatsangehörigkeitsrecht
Berliner Allee 1
79114 Freiburg
Telefon 0761 201-6470
Fax 0761 201-6495

Wenn Sie uns telefonisch nicht erreichen können, nutzen Sie bitte unser Kontakt-Formular.


Responsibility for processing applications:
  • For residents of Freiburg: Department for Aliens and Nationals of the city of Freiburg
  • For residents of the district of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald: Aliens Authority /specialist group for regulatory law and nationality of the district office of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald
  • For residents overseas: the German Embassy/Federal Office of Administration