Welcome to the Mundenhof animal and nature adventure park
According to the country's corona ordinance, the alert level currently applies. Visitors need proof of vaccination or health recovery.
Schoolchildren are exempt from the 2G rule. This also applies to children under the age of six and children who have not yet started school.
The state government provides information on further exceptions here.
- Luca app: Please use the Luca app or fill out a form on site with your contact details.
- Medical mask compulsory from the age of 6 is in the area of the main entrance and where the minimum distance cannot be kept.
- Parking tickets: The tickets for the vehicle can either be bought on site at the parking ticket machine (coins!) or online. The online tickets are activated up to three days in advance and can be shown to the car park service as a printout or on the mobile phone.
- Owners of a valid annual parking card or a disabled parking permit do not need a parking ticket. Even those who buy an annual parking card on site do not need another ticket for that day.
- The aquarium and the walk-in animal enclosure are currently closed.
The following also applies:
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from our employees and other visitors. Please also respect that the zookeepers should currently avoid personal contact with visitors.
- Unfortunately, commented feedings have to be omitted as well as group tours and other events.
- If you were unable to use your annual parking card during the months we were closed, you will be credited (upon presentation of the expired card) when purchasing a new card for these months as an extension.
In the past, the Mundenhof estate was one of the state’s largest agricultural undertakings with field crops, milk production and livestock breeding. A recreation area has developed here over the last century with many special features and close connections between agriculture, animal enclosures and nature education: with 38 hectares, the Mundenhof is the largest zoo in Baden-Württemberg. Domestic and working animal species from all over the world live in the generously proportioned paddocks. In addition, agriculture on about 180 hectares continues to ensure an ecologically sustainable circulatory system.
And there is also the KonTiKi (Kontakt Tier-Kind, animal-child contact) nature education project, enabling children to have direct contact with the animals, nature and the environment.
There is no charge for visiting the Mundenhof animal and nature adventure park, though a visit is not for nothing!
The special thing is that the city of Freiburg does not demand payment to enter the zoo. It is open to all! We need your help to ensure that this remains the case:
- Thank you for your donation
- Become a member of the Fördergemeinschaft Freiburger Tiergehege e.V.
- Support our animals with an animal sponsorship