Welcome to the Mundenhof animal and nature adventure park
The Mundenhof is open!
- You only need a ticket for the vehicle. These parking tickets must be booked online, paid for and presented as a printout or on your mobile phone. The ticket allotments are always activated up to three days in advance.
- Masks are now only compulsory where the minimum distance cannot be maintained and in the area of the main entrance, catering and in buildings.
- Our walk-in enclosures and the aquarium are closed.
- Commented feedings have to be omitted.
- We are currently unable to offer group tours and other events.
In the past, the Mundenhof estate was one of the state’s largest agricultural undertakings with field crops, milk production and livestock breeding. A recreation area has developed here over the last century with many special features and close connections between agriculture, animal enclosures and nature education: with 38 hectares, the Mundenhof is the largest zoo in Baden-Württemberg. Domestic and working animal species from all over the world live in the generously proportioned paddocks. In addition, agriculture on about 180 hectares continues to ensure an ecologically sustainable circulatory system.
And there is also the KonTiKi (Kontakt Tier-Kind, animal-child contact) nature education project, enabling children to have direct contact with the animals, nature and the environment.
There is no charge for visiting the Mundenhof animal and nature adventure park, though a visit is not for nothing!
The special thing is that the city of Freiburg does not demand payment to enter the zoo. It is open to all! We need your help to ensure that this remains the case:
- Thank you for your donation
- Become a member of the Fördergemeinschaft Freiburger Tiergehege e.V.
- Support our animals with an animal sponsorship