Good German language skills will facilitate your integration. The government-funded integration courses are the central services offered to learn basic German.
Participation in the integration course is usually voluntary. In some cases, however, the immigration authorities or the Job Centre may require you to participate in such a course.
The choice of the language school is up to you.
The immigration counselling centres will help you in your search for a suitable course ( "First Steps").
Brief overview of language and integration course providers
(list not exhaustive)
- Full-time and part-time integration courses of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF)
- Joining courses according to skill level
- Free and non-binding skill level assessment
Provider of further education, German and vocational training and further education courses, Training schools of the Deutsche Angestellten-Akademie Freiburg
- Job-related German courses (ESF-BAMF)
- German lessons
- in conjunction with job application coaching
- Career counselling
- Computer training
- Integration course
- Integration course for parents
- telc German test for immigrants
(DTZ) orientation course
- LiD test
- German courses A1-C1
- Integration courses A1-B1
- Telc and DTZ
- Holiday programmes
- Summer courses
- Family courses
- Courses for businesses
- Internship language certificates
- The courses are held in a central location and are easily reachable with public transport. The buildings have a lift and are generally wheelchair-accessible.